Looking for Lisp or script that will generate a scalebar according to the VP scale

Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone knew of a Lisp or Script that would allow me to generate consistant scalebars according to the scale of a VP in Layout?

Any help is much appriciated.

Thanks, Daniel S.

Reply to
Dan S.

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Dan S.) wrote in news:c25a73bc.0309090632.12c0e979 @posting.google.com:

define consistant scalebars, please. graphic scales?

do you put them in paper space or model space?

do you use fonts with fixed text height?

inquiring minds want to know.

Reply to
Roy Knapp

Could you not place a scalebar in modelspace? In the layout, copy a vport that is at the correct scale and pan within the vport until the scalebar is visible?

John B

johnbogie btinternet.com Put the "at" in the gap.

Reply to
john

I do mean a Graphic scalebar which would be placed in modelspace and brought through in a VP, Therefore the text would have to adjust to the scale of the VP in order to make it 1/8" by standard (so the font size is not fixed).

Is there any other info i'm leaving out?

Reply to
Dan S.

I do mean a Graphic scalebar which would be placed in modelspace and brought through in a VP, Therefore the text would have to adjust to the scale of the VP in order to make it 1/8" by standard (so the font size is not fixed).

Is there any other info i'm leaving out?

Reply to
Dan S.

Actually that is what we do now, aside from copying the VP. But the thing is, I'm looking for something that will make the process alot quicker. especialy because alot of people in my office use Acad with no formal training, which is a freaken nightmare when it comes to standards and just consistancy issues. One project that went out had 4 drawings with at lease 15 layouts in each, all with different Graphic scalebars. There inlies the nightmare!!!

Thanks for the suggestion though. Dan s.

Reply to
Dan S.

B L O C K S

Reply to