Way to approximate a french curve?

What would be the best way to approximate a french curve in ACAD LT? 2006?

Thanks,

GC

Reply to
Chips

longshot

I assume you are looking for a series of tangential arcs, with no straight segments and no elliptical segments.

ARC will give you continuous tangential arcs of the same or different radii if after completing the first one you hit Enter twice to continue the command by reusing the end point of the first arc as the start point of the next. I usually rough out a complex curve that will require tangential arcs with a polyline first, then trace over it with the arcs.

-Bill

Chips wrote:

Reply to
Bill Gilliss