What would be the best way to start drawing a bottle.

What would be the best way to start drawing a bottle.
it is for 1 presentation on a white background in .jpg format
and needs to have a translucent and or a clear inner and a label
mapped to it.
would it be better to start it in acad and send it to 3ds...
also it is better as a wireframe or solids?
later it may be used for manufacture
Reply to
Darko Zganjer
Draw half of crossection, and revolve it.
I to ti je to :-))
Reply to
Blank...
I'd model it as a solid (a revolved closed-polyline profile, as Blank suggested) in AutoCAD (this is an AutoCAD forum after all) and then render it in either AutoCAD (simpler) or 3DS (more control, better results).
Reply to
strawberry
thanks. for the reply small problem. its square at the bottom. so i cant revole it. ...
whats the best way to add the color inside wiht glass outside?
Reply to
Darko Zganjer
to add what looks like fluid inside is it just done with another solid inside with another color?
and the ouside tansparent. (glass?)
Reply to
Darko Zganjer
In that case you will have to play with LOFT or RULESURF. Draw base rectang and top, whatever the shape is... Try them and you'll see what to do, or ask away.
What? Your talking about the content of the botle?
Reply to
Blank...
I model in AutoCAD, but render in Artlantis, so can't help you much there. But, color should not matter, if i remember correctly you assign material by layer or object.
And yes, that is how i would do it.
Reply to
Blank...
I agree with Blank. If it's a square-based bottle with a cylindrical neck then you have to loft the area from the shoulder to the neck. In AutoCAD, you can do this by drawing the section on plan at the base of the shoulder, drawing the section at the base of the neck and then lofting between the two. At the prompt, select 'Cross sections only' and then select 'Normal to: All Cross Sections'.
Reply to
strawberry