White on black in ACAD 10

How do I change my screen(page) color Brian.

This was DOS, standard white on black - the days of fairly fierce CRT screens. I used the program, but never saw (or wanted) black on white.
If the problem is lines drawn black on black, then you would select all entities and change the line colour.
Why not go for a later version of compatible CAD? There is a link on my web page to something that was issued free ....
http://people.aapt.net.au/jclark19 /
For R14 you find it under 'Tools' 'Preferences' 'Display' 'Colors'. I would think that there is a similar 'Preferences' menu somewhere in ACAD 10.
Brian.
In article
snipped-for-privacy@rogers.com (bfairey) wrote:

Go to Tools -> Options -> Display and look for the Colors button. You should be able to change the Model space or Paper space background there.
BKT
It was quite a few years ago that I used AutoCAD10 but I recall that when the program starts there is a MAIN MENU displayed. By selecting item 5, you would see the configuration menu current setup. To edit it, you just hit ENTER, which gets you to the CONFIGURATION MENU. By selecting item 3, you can configure the video display. By selecting item 7, you can configure the system. One of those selections would likely provide you with the ability to pick another background color. If you are interested, I am sure that I still have the Inside AutoCAD manual for that version. Version 10 was a solid drafting program. Version 12 was quite a bit better. Version 14 was excellent. Version 2000i is still my personal favorite but I have had to maintain my path to the later versions due to client compatability requirements. Certainly some of the aspects of the latest versions are not particularly desireable to me.
B Minto
How do I change my screen(page) color Brian.

Doh!! When I saw ACAD 10 my mind went to INV10, and from there to ACAD 2006. Sorry about that - disregard my reply as it's totally inappropriate.
BKT