Latest threads in AutoCAD discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Text in a box that will partially cover other text in R14 or 2000
I would like to be able to create text in a box, and when that box is placed over existing text, it will cut off the text at the box line. I have tried it in 2d, 3d multiline text editor, but with no...
1
1

Simple Tutorials for my Son?
Howdy Folks, My son has expressed some interest in doing CAD work, and I've been trying to dig up some simple tutorials to help him get started. My version of AutoCad is a little older (version 12 for...
9
9

fatal error when opening dwg files
When opening some of my dwg files (not all files, some work noramlly), i get this fatal error message : "Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0xc37c1411 Exception at 7edf4ch" Anyone have an idea of how...

Dimension Arrowhead Blocks
If you are using "by layer", you add some dimensions to a drawing, then change some of those dimensions to a layer which is then turned off. The standard arrowhead blocks will still be visible because...
7
7

inventor
I need to make an extrusion and i have the shape in an DWG file is it possible to import a contour fron acad 2000 to inventor as a sketch?
2
2

Esri Shape files causing unhandled exception error
I am using a program called flo-2d to do some flood modeling. The ouput from flo-2d are esri shape files. I am importing them into LDDv2006 using the import command in the maps menu. Most of the shape...

Say what ??? "MIssing parameter on line 3702" hatch command error
It's been a while since I last used AutoCAD (r 2005) and I was making a quick sketch while critting a drawing and wanted to use a "texture" hatch pattern. After having selected the "Object" to hatch...
1
1

customize mouse
I'm using a 4 button with a wheel microsoft optical mouse and would like to know how to program it so that one of the buttons would = the autocad "escape command" so I could cancel commands more...
2
2

Autodesk Revit
How hard is this to learn for someone who is used to using Autodesk Arch. Desktop 3.3 (Acad 2002). We used the Details program for our structural shapes (the one you installed seperately), which is...
2
2

Anyone else use the _track command?
It's something that's just been kept present in all the new versions of Autocad, I don't know the original version it appeared, at least R12. It only works once you start a command, and it allows you...
15
15

plotstamp
Am I the only one having difficulty finding the "Plotstamp" "on" user field? I'm using 2007. help menu refers to the plot dialog box having this field somewhere but I just don't see it any Ideas?...

How to use Entity Data for labeling ?
Hi, Included in my drawing are 500 circles as Entitys with Data attached. Each Entity has 7 text felds. I need to label each Entity with a number out of its attached Entity Data. I wasted 2 Days on...
6
6

How to set "z"
coordinates to "0" globally in a dwg? TIA Klif
2
2

How to use Block attached attributes for labeling ?
Hi, Included in my drawing are 500 circles as blocks with attributes attached. Each block has 7 text attributes. I need to label each block with a number out of its attached attribute. I wasted 2 Days...
2
2

Sharing tool palettes in 2006
Hi all....In sharing tool paletts with the rest of the company, I have come across and issue. I created lots of specific hatch patterns on a tool palette. Everything is the same, except when I created...
1
1