Grinding paste (?) in Dremel kits

Okay, it wasn't actually in a Dremel Kits, but it was one of those kits of supplies for dremel with sanding belts and disk, cutting disc,
buffing pads, etc.
Can anyone tell me what this paste is for?
The A to the Q on drilling SS prompted me to ask.
TIA

It's a very fine abrasive used for polishing - aka "rouge".
Use a very small amount with a buffing wheel.

What he said, and it also happens to be red-colored too, right? ;) If so, its "grit" is red iron oxide.
Alvin in AZ