Iron Bloomery

mathematical

All too cool, Michael. Thanks.

Harold (who recently downloaded IrfanView)

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

Hey, I got it to download. Pretty cool, and it gives a good idea of the labor value in a piece of iron too.

Hope to see more future successes.

John

Reply to
JohnM

Reply to
alvinj

Regarding the bandwidth issue, the problem is not the

Michael,

Thanks for the great explanation. I have my camera set to take images at 2048x1736 "fine" quality. That way I have HQ raw images that I burn to disc. I edit the real keepers in Photoshop down to 800x600 or whatever is appropriate. Where I went wrong is in the "save as" step. I usually save quality as 7-9 where I probably should save as 2-5. I've never paid attention as per your explanation to file sizes in relation to quality. I'll definitely experiment now!

Yes, it helped!

~Dave

Reply to
Dave