You Might Be a Crossdressing Rocketeer If...

I tried crossposting this last night but it didn't take, so here goes again.

Here's the top 10 clues to discover if a rocketeer has something besides unbuilt kits in his closet.

  1. He always seems to have nail polish remover when somebody spills cyano glue on their fingers.

  1. He swears that tube of lip gloss you saw in his range box was Chapstick.

  2. He tries to hide the holes in his pierced ears.

  1. That shock cord looks a lot like an old garter belt.

  2. Fins reinforced with pantyhose.

  1. Lace trim on his nylon parachutes.

  2. He knows the difference between fuscia, mauve, and magenta.

  1. He has actually finished a rocket in fuscia, mauve, or magenta.

  2. He actually color-co-ordinated his rocket with the exhaust color of his Animal Works motor.

  1. He has requested Animal Works to make fuscia, mauve, or magenta propellents.

Apologies to David Letterman and Jeff Foxworthy

Tina Michelle Smith

Reply to
Tina Michelle Smith

Uh oh. I may be in trouble.

Reply to
Kurt Kesler
  1. He keeps a tube of KY Jelly in his range box and SWEARS it's just for o-rings.....
Reply to
BB

Reply to
Fred

I heard it stated several times here in the past that K-Y Jelly works for reload O-rings, but the jokes from fellow rocketeers will be more intense than when using Vaseline. -- Richard "as seen in Extreme Rocketry.....geez, do I look THAT wide in real life?" Hickok

Reply to
Rhhickok

Um, can someone tell me what these colors look like?

We wanted to make our class color in high school be fuchsia, but that was only for the cheers we'd get.

Gimmie an "F"! Gimmie a "U"! Gimmie a "C"! Gimmie....

Zooty

Reply to
zoot

Nope,

Prince flies by the seat of his pants himself, literally! Or is it the seat of his pant flies off him? :-)

KMJK

Reply to
Karl Martin Joseph Kowert

I don't know how wide you look, Richard. In what photo are you? And what page?

Reply to
Pete Lilja

"Now come on all of you big strong men, Uncle Sam needs your help again"...oops, darn flashbacks. I should have heeded Wavy Gravy's warning and stayed away from the brown acid. ;-)

Mark Simpson

Maybe we need a Rocketstock to try and get the BATFE to get out of our hobby. Whoopie! We're all gonna fly! (follow the dot)

Reply to
Tim

You'd have to misspell "fuschia" to do that, but from the looks of this thread, you wouldn't be the only one.

Fushchia is a rich reddish purple. Magenta is somewhere between red and pink, and is used a lot in four-color printing. I haven't a clue what mauve is, and that's after fifty years on the planet.

--P. (aka RoktRabt)

Reply to
Pelysma

According to my dictionary, mauve is any of several shades of delicate purple. Tres chic.

Reply to
Christopher Deem

Nah. My best friend looked in the dictionary to find out what word would come right before a certain word, were it permitted in the dictionary. It is definitely spelled fuchsia. If it were spelled fuschia, we'd be asking Juan de Fuca was straight.

If you check at the online Webster's, you'll find that I spelled it correctly and you spelled it incorrectly:

Perhaps you're from England or some place where they don't speak American English. That's ok.

Oh - the parrots are called "African Greys." Not that they care, as long as you are their "birdie slave."

Zooty

Reply to
zoot

My wife used mauve as one of the main colors in our wedding, some 15+ years ago. My groomsmen even had to wear mauve ties (but I was allowed to wear a black tie). I still keep those negatives locked away for future blackmail use. :-)

I still can't describe exactly what color it is though...

cp

Reply to
Chuck Pierce

Ah hah! Now all the pieces are coming together!

Do your pickle fork tines come in those perdy colors, too?? :-)

cp

Reply to
Chuck Pierce

Forgot all about my girly purse I use to carry my extra pickle forks, etc..

Yeah, that too.

;-)

Reply to
Kurt Kesler

It's not a purse, damnit! It's a tool pouch!

Reply to
default
[having corrected my incorrect correction of the spelling of "fuchsia"]

Nah. I'm plain wrong. Apparently it was named after somebody named Fuchs, as a Poinsettia was named after someone named Poinsette, and so forth.

Why we say it the way we do, I don't know.

So much for me being an expert on fuchsia, mauve, and magenta, anyway. I guess that's not all bad in context.

BTW, I do know someone who painted a L2 bird magenta and black, or more exactly hot pink and black, and as far as I know, she is not a crossdresser.

;-)

--P.

Reply to
Pelysma

Hey, what if I entered an Apollo command module/service module painted dark red (with a smidge of purple mixed in, maybe) in F/F?

Ok, so it's a really bad pun.

Zooty

Reply to
zoot

ok, i am man enuf to say "i don't get it"

Reply to
tater schuld