Future

I've been putting it onto a rocket to be used for this year's 4-H fair. I have the nosecone glossy after a single cost with a paper towel, but after a few coats with a paper towel on the payload section it is not glossy, and you can see a ton of sanding lines (800 grit sand paper). I then tried to spray it on with a pump spray bottle in a 50/50 formula with water. This worked somewhat, but ran, and although it filled in, still left little dots. The lines are still visible also. I need help!! What can I do to remove the sanding lines and how can I keep the gloss look of fresh future after it dries?

Reply to
Stephen

Where is this found in a Wal Mart?

Reply to
Stephen

Also, what about application?

Reply to
Stephen

"Stephen" wrote;

Paint brush, or you could try a foam brush. It's important to stir the polycrylic, NOT to shake it, or you'll introduce bubbles into it. It has excellent covering and 'spreadability' characteristics. I have never tried airbrushing it but I intend to give this a shot sometime soon.

Also, it's a good idea to practice first on something else besides a rocket - one drawback of polycrylic is that because it goes on thick and takes a while to dry, it's easy to over-apply. Take it easy on the thickness and allow plenty of drying time, and watch for sags along the bottom edges of surfaces (i.e. bottoms of fins, etc.)

Reply to
BB