pictures

Greetings all

With thanks to Alvin for the web space, I have pictures of stuff I've done.

My first 3 knives are here

The middle one is a left hand marking knive. Number 5 is a right hand version. Don't have a pic of no. 5 yet.

No 4 I don't have available yet either. It appears to be the bastard child of a cleaver and machete.

No 6, 7, 8 are here

No 6 I use as a paring knife. I really need to thin the blade a little for that.

I have attempted one of these

The staff for the handle is close to 5'.

I thought it would be nice to have a convient reference for tempering colors for when someone is trying to explain what color he's got or wants.

And my attempt at "Alvin's shadow"
This was taken on cooling so the dark edge has cooled, the dark oval in the middle is currently falling through the change and the bright areas around that have just changed.

Nos. 1 and 2 were files. The rest is 1095. The tempering colors is

5/8 round H13, which when I get to it will be hot work tools.

RPayne

Reply to
r payne

Howdy! Nice knives.Number 8,especially,..that one looks exceptional!Seems you have a darn good eye for profile and blade shape. What wood are you useing for handles?No.7 looks like oak.

Reply to
Hamma Head

Thanks.

The handle for no 1 came from a piece of black walnut. The other knives were all handled in maple.

I'm still working on getting the bevels where I want them, that is my biggest complaint with these.

Reply to
r payne