Quench oil what is best?

Heck no. :)

No not yet, but danggit, I might have deleted them. :/

I really need to set up a spam filter. :/

Yeah, email them to me as an attachment and I'll "put'em up". :)

XX=panix

Alvin in AZ

Reply to
alvinj

We did the bb gun thing in basic training back in aught and 70. And then we also put on face shields, gloves, and jackets and practiced walking through the woods and villages of fort knox playing bb gun war.

del

Reply to
Del Cecchi

When I type "daisy quick kill" into google, training troops for vietnam is what first came up. I think Rex Applegate talks about bb guns in his works...maybe the fairbairn/sykes point shooting manual too.

matthew ohio

Reply to
MatthewK

Then there's the 'both eyes open' method. Don't use the sights at all; focus on the target with both eyes. You'll see two barrels that are fuzzy and kinda 'ghosty'. Place the target between the ghost images of the barrels... fire. You can't miss.

Charly

Reply to
Charly the Bastard

Silent, yes- useful, no. When I was youngster, we didn't have a whole lot of money, so my old man would send us out most days after school to shoot squirrels during small game season. It was about a two-mile hike to cross the town line, so on really cold days, we'd just cross the street and hunt in the woodlot there. Because it was "in town" (sort of) we had to be quiet, so that meant CB caps or pellet guns. Didn't take long to find out that a good pellet gun would kill a squirrel more quietly and reliably than a CB cap any day.

Don't think I'll ever forget the day I shot a grey squirrel in the side of the head with a CB cap from about 50 feet away, and the thing fell over, shook a little, then got up and ran away. On the other hand, all projectiles are potentially dangerous- there *was* one (and only one) occasion where I took a deer with a CB cap, but it was a one-in-a-million shot right through the eye. (Yes, I always take head shots- I don't want to chase things that are wounded and suffering, I don't take trophies, and it preserves the most meat.)

Reply to
Prometheus