a little O/T

My wife is getting deeper and deeper into making web sites and asked me to research what the best interface is. Front Page, Dreamweaver
etc...
Lat time I looked into it there were more tuorials on FP but I was hoping that now days they has a GUI that splits teh window into 2 panes. One with the html text and the other with the page to show what happen when you change the text.
Any advice would be appreciated.
On Sun, 31 Oct 2010 08:57:08 -0700 (PDT), Dewittian

==========What level?
Is she going into the web page design business or maintaining her own web site?
What features do you want? data/table lookup? webmail? blog? hit counters? heavy graphics? animation?
free ware, share ware or commercial?
What extensions [e.g. m$] does your ISP/host accept? PHP/CSS/HTML [and what level]
Very useful first step is to take an intro web design class at the local community/jr college.
for cheap/free try http://www.thefreecountry.com/webmaster/htmleditors.shtml http://webdesign.about.com/od/htmleditors/HTML_Editors_Web_Page_Authoring_Tools.htm http://www.elated.com/articles/10-fantastic-free-web-page-editors / http://desktoppublishing.com/wineditors.html
-- Unka George (George McDuffee) .............................. The past is a foreign country; they do things differently there. L. P. Hartley (1895-1972), British author. The Go-Between, Prologue (1953).