air rifle parts

Hi All,
Ran into a situation that some of you folks might want to take a look at.
Air rifles today run the gamut from $50 childs toy to $2000 adult machine.
One German company called RWS (Diana) makes a line of adult air rifles in the range of $150 to $600. A few years ago, RWS starting putting plastic triggers in their hi-end models (Model 48, 52 and 54). One constant question that RWS owners are asking is:
Where can I buy a steel trigger?
One machinist overseas built a small run some time ago and charged over $70 per trigger. I would be willing to bet the demand would be low but constant for someone willing to take up the challenge (I'm first in line to buy a quality part - I have the Model 48).
Any takers for the challenge? I'm completely sure that other parts could be made and sold for a decent profit as well.
Here are a couple of links to give you the flavor of the adult airgun community - really great folks:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/ (general forum) http://www.network54.com/Forum/184474/ (RWS Diana forum)

How about if I make you 100 of them at a good price. Then you can sell them and keep the profit?

This reminds me of my brother's Porsche 911. Every time someone slammed the trunk it would break the plastic latch. He brought it to me to see if I could machine an aluminum one. I told him it wasn't worth it, it would cost him $100. He said "Good, make me two. Porsche wants $150 a piece for the plastic one and I've broken three already!" The aluminum one held up just fine.
Gary H. Lucas
On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 23:55:34 GMT, "Gary H. Lucas"

My vietnamese buddy has completly redesigned that latch and has a nice version. Along with one for the similar problem with Lamborginis.
Though I suspect thats a bit esoteric for most here.
Gunner
The aim of untold millions is to be free to do exactly as they choose and for someone else to pay when things go wrong.
In the past few decades, a peculiar and distinctive psychology has emerged in England. Gone are the civility, sturdy independence, and admirable stoicism that carried the English through the war years . It has been replaced by a constant whine of excuses, complaints, and special pleading. The collapse of the British character has been as swift and complete as the collapse of British power.
Theodore Dalrymple,
I am always interested in a good challenge, but find it easier to take it on with valid contact information.
John Sullivan www.jamlab.biz