Anybody run roku roku's?

Looks like we have a used one coming in 3-4 weeks. maybe 5 years old, not sure. Just read theyv'e been in buissiness since 1908. Wild. I bet they built the machines that built the machines that killed 50,000 americans in the phillipeans in ww2.

Reply to
vinny

Roku Roku you say?

Never heard of them.

Reply to
Black Dragon

Did I spell it wrong? Shows how much I care. Another piece of used technology.

Reply to
vinny

Roku Roku are super fast super precise high speed milling machines. Wish I had one

Reply to
Joe Smith

That's what the stickers say on the outside of our Haas Haas.

Reply to
vinny

Im calling for a "sarcastic translation" of this post.

Reply to
vinny

He's just being contrary--and beings as you didnt ask any specific questions except whats in the the subject line...

Reply to
PrecisioNmachinisT

Gene Haas is a liar and a thief.

Reply to
PrecisioNmachinisT

lol. Well, the machines are cheap and have a lot of options. He's a liar, but I wouldn't say a thief.

Reply to
vinny

I need a secondary translation on this explanation of the previous post. Seriously, is he being sarcastic and runs them, or is he being sarcastic and doesn't run them? lol

Reply to
vinny

Vinny:

Since BD doesn't let his posts be archived, it's difficult to search for his past comments. But he's been talking about his running of at least one (and possibly more) Roku Roku's for many years, probably almost a decade. So you can safely assume his comment was simply sarcastic.

Reply to
BottleBob

Tax evasion is theft pure and simple.

Reply to
PrecisioNmachinisT

Roku Roku's and other such pedigreed machines don't need silly stickers that proclaim their supposed accuracy, etc...

There is a reason why they cost 3 times as much or more than everything else.

Hass Hass, man that was really really funny. rotflmao..

ca

v>> Roku Roku are super fast super precise high speed milling machines. Wish I >> had one

Reply to
clay

We split from England over taxes, now it's unpatriotic to not pay taxes.?

Reply to
vinny

"vinny" wrote in news:fqsu2a$2mr$ snipped-for-privacy@aioe.org:

Well he stole another company's patented technology, got sued for patent infringement and lost. So he had to pay millions. Then he decides to steal his money back from the government though tax fraud, got caught, convicted, and is sitting in jail.

I'd say thief is a given.

Reply to
D Murphy

Didn't the house of cards fall when a VP of Hass's got caught stealing from him using the same system Haas set up and used to defraud the government out of millions?

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Something like that. He was stealing money at any rate. When he got caught he threatened to turn the lot of them in if they fired him or turned him in. I have the indictment somewhere. It lays out the government's version of events in a convincing manner.

Why are people in leadership roles always surprised that their employees behave exactly like they do?

Reply to
D Murphy

Well Haas did give them all a very small percentage for participating in his fraud. Guess the VP figured committing numerous felonies for Haas was worth a little larger percentage of the take, no honor among thieves and all. You are right Haas opened the door and the VP just followed his lead thinking Haas couldn't/wouldn't do anything about it if Haas caught him.

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

Sounds no better or worse than a Fadal w/Fanuc 18i-M control. The only thing the Haas has over a Fadal w/Fanuc control is less buttons to push during setups. But that could be resolved with a tool presetter so it's a wash.

On the GR-658N's w/32K RPM spindles, Z moves a bit after extended use at real high RPMs. Thermal spindle growth. Since you're cutting graphite there isn't much of a need to be running sustained speeds over 25K RPM anyway so you likely won't notice it much. X-Y location was never worse than .0002" (TIR) all day at any RPM.

Attainable feeds are going to be dictated largely by the shapes your cutting. If you think you're going to be racing around 1/4" dia electrodes at 200IPM and doing it accurately, it ain't going to happen.

Reply to
Black Dragon

Add a "c" axis...

Reply to