Anybody run roku roku's?

vinny wrote:

Sounds no better or worse than a Fadal w/Fanuc 18i-M control. The only thing the Haas has over a Fadal w/Fanuc control is less buttons to push during setups. But that could be resolved with a tool presetter so it's a wash.

On the GR-658N's w/32K RPM spindles, Z moves a bit after extended use at real high RPMs. Thermal spindle growth. Since you're cutting graphite there isn't much of a need to be running sustained speeds over 25K RPM anyway so you likely won't notice it much. X-Y location was never worse than .0002" (TIR) all day at any RPM.
Attainable feeds are going to be dictated largely by the shapes your cutting. If you think you're going to be racing around 1/4" dia electrodes at 200IPM and doing it accurately, it ain't going to happen.
--
Black Dragon http://improve-usenet.org

quickie, n:

Add a "c" axis...

Jeffrey Lebowski wrote:

Use a lathe...
--
Black Dragon http://improve-usenet.org

Sometimes guys'll say to you, "Have a good one." I say, "I already have

Sure about that? Ok, maybe nor 200 lol How about 100 and holding a tenth?