Baltimore Md - WB&A Tractioneers ??

Hello,

Does anyone know if the group named WB&A Tractioneers still exists?? They were a group of trolley buffs with a layout somewhere in Catonsville of Baltimore Md.

Thanks, Roy

Reply to
Roy

I recall going to visit a O scale traction club in a basement in a so-so part of town many years ago. Don't know if they are still around or this is even the same group to which your refer.

Reply to
Corelane

That is the group. They were in a basement and were O Scale. Could you pinpoint the year you were there?

Reply to
Roy

Golly, just a wild guess here, maybe 1985? I do know it was quite a while ago and think I read about their open house in Model Railroader. "Open house" was an apt term since they just threw open the basement doors and let the train fanatics wander in. The layout was pretty rudimentary, the cars were mostly scratch-built and quite interesting.

The Baltimore Society of Model Engineers is still in existance, having a somewhat permanent home in downtown Baltimore. Was there again just a couple of years ago. Maybe if you contact someone there they can help you out with information on the old traction club.

Corelane