Anyone want to buy a Hardinge TFB?

Im pondering selling my Hardinge TFB. This is largely the same as a Hardinge tool room lathe, Turn/Face/Bore, but is incapable of threading...its a turning machine only.

model of the same machine.

This is probably the most accurate lathe I own, but I dont use it very much, and have the HLV-H and the Clausing 1500

This is the older narrow bed, English model, and while it needs paint..does have a good 5C collet closer, 3 jaw chuck, and misc other Stuff. Might even toss in a KDK tool set...or at the least..Hardinge 4 gang turret tool holder.

It will...will...cut to 10ths nicely.

Needs paint, or a general clean up. Because its the older style with the speed crank on the front of the machine..would convert to VFD very very nicely..

Not sure what a fair price would be. Anyone interested?

I need the room, frankly as Im almost done with the horizontal mill rebuild and am getting the Clausing up and running. Shrug...I simply have too damned many machines that Im not using and are simply taking up space.

Located near Bakersfield California

Gunner

"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer." -- Benjamin Franklin, /The Encouragement of Idleness/, 1766

Reply to
Gunner Asch

I sold a Hardinge HC for around $1,500 once, just a data point. HCs seem to be generally similar. This was during late fall of 2008, so the price is a good reference point.

Ignoramus7943

Thanks Iggy. HCs are going for around $500 in California at this time.

I swapped for one recently..damned thing is gonna need some work..the bastard. Claimed it was In Great Condition!!...sigh...deal sight unseen....shrug

I figure the TFB is probably worth around $2000-3000..probably closer to $2400 needing paint.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Do you deliver?

Reply to
Buerste

Sure..Id be happy to deliver it to the big truck. I do have a forklift.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch