CAT40 tools sticking in spindle, fixed

Ref: my posts from 3-24 and 7-25 of this year. problem kept getting worse. Almost all my tools were sticking. Spoke to a CNC sevice tech while I was shooping for a new lathe. He said drawbar should push the tool free. (my tools were being pulled free by the tool carosel) Had to call the guys that support YCI, they gave me directions over the phone on how to adjust the release cylinder. Upon dissasssembly it seems the bolt in the end of the cylinder was loose, lock washer was in 3 peices. Readjusted for .030" push out and all is fine. No more BANG on tool change.

(this message 100% politics free)

Remove 333 to reply via email

Reply to
rbraun333

On a fadal 3016L, I get that occasional bang too. Not overly violent, but certainly audible. The tool never sticks tho, altho just the other day it was dropping tools out of the carousel. A shitload of WD40 seemed to fix that tho.

Nice how they walked you through the problem!

Reply to
DrollTroll

What YCI do you have? How much was it, how do you like it? Can you compare it to other vmc's??

They have an XV series ("extreme value", no foolin), that seems to be in the Fadal/Haas arena.

Reply to
DrollTroll

I have a Supermax Rebel 1, can't really compare it as it's the only CNC machine I have. It's been good to me, I have had to repair the MPG (aka Handwheel) for $600 and replace the oil line for the x axis as it was corroded through, poor coolant maintenance by the previous owner.

Thank You, Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Reply to
Randy