Crikey!

Commodore Wieber seems to be storing some of his flotilla on the property to the north of him that he doesn't own, and some on the
property across the street from him that he also doesn't own. That is Wieber's squat on the east side of Olive Ave two doors north of Wood St.
https://goo.gl/maps/7o69Hp7je3L2
On Friday, April 28, 2017 at 2:34:06 PM UTC-4, Rudy Canoza wrote:

Rudy seems really concerned with what is happening hundreds of miles away from him.
But not concerned with complying with the charter of Rec.Crafts.Metalworking.
Those who can , do. Those that can't , well no one cares about them.
Last metal working was to silver solder box knife blade to a bit of 1/4 inch all thread to make a tool for cutting dandelion roots. I drilled a hole in a golf ball and stuck the golf ball onto the all thread to make a comfortable handle.
Dan
On 4/28/2017 12:43 PM, snipped-for-privacy@krl.org wrote:

No, not really. "Mildly intrigued" why someone who lives in a quasi-desert has half a dozen boats parked on a couple of weed-choked lots he doesn't own.
On 4/28/2017 2:48 PM, Rudy Canoza wrote:

11 years ago, while posting under this current nym, Rudy Canoza, we had a discussion about a revised marketing claim concerning grass-fed beef from USDA. You claimed that you had written to and received a reply from William T. Sessions, Associate Deputy Administrator, Livestock and Seed Program. Here below is the post you wrote using the nym Rudy Canoza containing your correspondence with William Sessions.
[start- Jon to me] Eat shit and bark at the moon, Dreck - the proposed standard has NOT been adopted. I wrote to William Sessions, the associate deputy administrator (how's that for a title) at the Livestock and Seed Program at USDA that is in charge of writing the standard for the "meat marketing claims"; his name, title and e-mail address are at a web page whose URL I gave yesterday, http://www.fass.org/fasstrack/news_item.asp?news_id 52
Here's his reply:
Mr. Ball: Thanks for your message. The marketing claim standards are still under review by USDA. Accordingly, the standards have not been published in a final form for use. I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if further information is needed. Thanks, William T. Sessions Associate Deputy Administrator Livestock and Seed Program
-----Original Message----- From: jonball@[...] Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2005 11:38 AM To: Sessions, William Subject: 2003 proposed standards for meat marketing claims
I have read about the proposed standards, and I've seen many of the public comments sent to USDA. I cannot find anything to indicate if the standards were adopted. Were the standards as proposed in 2003 adopted?
Thanks in advance. Jonathan Ball Pasadena, CA ___________________________________________________ Jonathan Ball aka Rudy Canoza 08 Sep 2005 http://bit.ly/2cYknsh [end]
Jonathan Ball. Pasadena, CA. Priceless! That email, posted from Jonathan Ball, you, and the return email sent to Jonathan Ball proves beyond all doubt that you are Jonathan Ball. Of course, you don't live in Pasadena since moving to 5327 Shepard Ave Sacramento, CA 95819-1731
Here's the proof Jonathan D Ball http://bit.ly/1LFy9t8
> and I won't die soon.
Yeah you will. You're an old man who hasn't looked after himself. I wouldn't go around goading people if I was as small and as puny as you are, liar Jon. You ought to be very careful.
> You certainly have no means to hasten my death.
Are you really serious, weed? you're just over 5 feet tall and 64 years old. You'll be 65 on December 2nd. You've got to stop threatening people and goading them to come after you. You're pathetic.

I got as far as saving a nice maple sapling for the handle and digging through the steel rack for the rod, then decided this is a better project to buy instead of build. Anything jabbed into the ground here -will- hit a rock. -jsw
On Friday, April 28, 2017 at 5:17:43 PM

This kind of started out trying to use a little induction heater module from china for silver soldering. But I think I blew one of the IGBT's. So I just used a propane torch. Will get back to the module when the IGBT's I ordered arrive.
On Fri, 28 Apr 2017 17:17:40 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"

Maple will be nice for a push tool, but forget it for prying tools. If you wrap a couple winds of baling wire at the bottom end (unless you go with a socket) it will help for small amounts of prying. For large socketed prying tools, you really want hickory or elm for the strength and interlocking grain. Elm was ALWAYS used for wagon wheel hubs and spokes for that very reason. The Eric Sloane books (especially A Reverence for Wood) spoke a bit about that, but George Sturt's The Wheelwright's Shop covered it in detail. All excellent books, BTW.
We have about 30% river rock here, combined with nice, rich, fluffy, heavily composted soil around here. I resorted to using a rubber mallet when installing landscape fabric staples, and sometimes had to move the thing half a dozen times to find 6" of rock-free soil. When I was doing lots of fencing for a couple years, I invested in an HF post auger. With the 6" bit, it would routinely bring up half a dozen fist-sized river rocks with the 18-24" of dirt from each hole. That was absolute hell with a clamshell digger, so the auger was dearly loved from the first hole on. Besides, my arms couldn't take more than a dozen clamshell-dug holes in a week. Shovels were easier, but that post-hole digging is the pits.
--
Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they

--Ronald Reagan

The hardwoods in my back lot are maple and red oak. When I slabbed the red oak logs square I salvaged whatever random sizes I could as rectangular strips and thin planks which have been useful, but they don't create the look of hand-forged iron.with a debarked sapling handle.
Freeing the rocks in a post hole here requires serious iron like a digging or San Angelo bar. One of my neighbors borrowed a Cat 316 from work to clear and level a back yard and it was barely big enough. -jsw
On Sat, 29 Apr 2017 09:11:19 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"

Oh, I didn't know it was a decorative tool. ;)

Grok that. There are some large ones here, too.
I have scratches on my side from when I moved the tools out to the pump house last month. I put my digging bar in the front and it unbalanced the whole thing, so when I jostled things to get a leaf rake out, I brought it down on me. The hard toothed rake took a shot and won.
After that, the digging bar went against the corner in the pump house and I put a pair of stabilizers on the wooden tool holder matrix.
--
Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they

--Ronald Reagan
On Friday, April 28, 2017 at 3:43:17 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@krl.org wrote:

Why are you cutting dandelion roots? Unless you dig the whole thing out, you're just inviting it to grow back.
--
Ed Huntress

On Friday, April 28, 2017 at 5:34:26 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

These are dandelions that have been sprayed with weed killer and are looking sickly. So I do not think they will be growing back. I am cutting the roots and pulling the leaves and blossoms so the lawn looks better.
Dan
On Fri, 28 Apr 2017 13:23:51 -0700, wrote:

Huh. I take it the charter allows crackpot politics, bald faced lies, great culls and cull lists, and elaborate death threats. Because if it didn't allow those things, then you'd be complaining about them being posted here, right?

The problem with that old chestnut is that it sounds too much like what it is - doodoo.

I enjoy writing like that on purpose when I'm parodying Wieber.

LOL You cared enough to type out a poorly reasoned, ill considered, weak and whiney complaint.

I didn't think my current project was even worth mentioning, but it's dramatically more interesting than a crude dandelion torture (not kill) dagger. I'm going to write it up and post it somewhere a Wieber toady would get the bum's rush.
BTW, have you done all your prepping for the death convoy tomorrow? Not much time left! Best not to be late unless you're bringing your own equipment, like this. http://tinyurl.com/kma8enu
On Friday, April 28, 2017 at 6:34:48 PM UTC-4, Intervention wrote:

ay from him.

rking.

inch all thread to make a tool for cutting dandelion roots. I drilled a h ole in a golf ball and stuck the golf ball onto the all thread to make a co mfortable handle.

"If you?re thinking about installing a composting toilet or sawdust toilet, there?s a few things you should know about before you jump in..."
Don't expect ME to jump into that thing, pard'...
--
Ed Huntress

On Fri, 28 Apr 2017 15:50:42 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

The writer also refers to "toilet tourists." Sounds like something the Amazing Wieber might call himself when he's staying at Hotel Econoline. Or maybe even when he's at home but has used up his daily allotment of flushes. :)

Golf balls make good file handles too. ;>)
On Friday, April 28, 2017 at 8:39:37 PM UTC-4, Phil Kangas wrote:

I forget who suggested golf balls as file handles. Maybe it was you. Anyway thanks to whoever suggested it.
Dan

Why, maybe he does own those properties? Or perhaps their owners also are "boat collectors"?
On 4/28/2017 6:14 PM, Ignoramus27792 wrote:

He doesn't. I've established that by looking up the deeds at the assessor's on-line site for every property on the block. Wieber does not own the lots, and he has admitted to as much. He's claimed, lamely, to be buying some of them on supposed "land contracts", but no one believes that. Wieber is a dummy who didn't have an operating motor vehicle for weeks, which meant he couldn't get to any potential work. He has no money. He isn't buying the properties on "land contracts". That's settled.

They are Commodore Wieber's flotilla. Cut the crap.

I have one such boat also. A power boat. Amusingly, it is a Celebrity 21 boat, which is the same type of boat that I owned 15 years ago. I bought it on a whim for $300 as it was in a poor condition.
I bought it 3 years ago for $300. Sold it almost immediately for $400 to a UPS guy who wanted to own a boat. The UPS guy said that he will pick up the boat in a week or two. A year later he still did not pick up and I moved the boat to another (temporarily defunct) business across the parking lot. It sat there for a few more months.
UPS guy was having "temporary difficulties" getting the boat moved, until the rotten tires of the trailer disintegrated completely.
Fast forward, a few months after that he was asked by the land owner to have the boat moved. At this point he asked me if I would take the boat back for free.
I said yes and the boat is now sitting in my warehouse yard , waiting to be parted out. I think that it has a good motor, a mercuiser with outdrive.
On Fri, 28 Apr 2017 21:29:13 -0500, Ignoramus27792

The Recycling Force is strong in this one.