D'ANDREA boting kits

Hi

Has any one used D'andrea boring kits particularly in production environments. We are planing to buy these to bore in Grey Castiron. Each component has about 12 holes 11 deep. Holes are of size 44 H7 and

48.5 H7 . We are looking at boring kit which can bore from 6mm to 84mm by changing to different toolbits. They are supplied with Mitsubishi inserts.

Regards

SKN

Reply to
Nagesh S K

Just want to let you know that Iscar sells also the boring sets you describe from D'andrea (without D'andrea) written on it. We use these sets form boring al kind of holes in almost every type of material (starting at Cast Iron going to Hastelloy etc.) I like them especially because they got a great operating range.

GReetings Joep van Andel ANRA B.V.

"Nagesh S K" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
Joep van Andel

We have one that we use frequently (although our production runs are usually

100 pieces or less). I really like it. It's adjustment is easy and precise. The pitfalls are getting the inserts, but I see the other poster mentions Iscar so I may try them, our current supplier is less than efficient. The other limitations is depth of bore allowed under 23mm can be limiting in some of my applications but your bores are short so you should be in good shape. On a side note be sure your spindle is in good shape, a poor spindle condition will cause you problems with repeatability after a tool change long before the repeatability of this boring head will give you any trouble.

Alex

Reply to
Alex Charles

Hi Alex

Thanks for the info

We have received two kits. You can use Mitsubishi inserts. The inserts supplied with kits have Mitsubishi logo on inserts although box has D'Andrea logo on them. We intend to use these kits on a Makino S56 with BT40 taper. Machine is only 10 months old.

Regards

SKN

Reply to
Nagesh S K