Fanuc 6TA programming

I recently picked up a Ikegai FX20N with a Fanuc 6Ta control (with no options, I was told by Fanuc service dept.) after quite a few mechanical repairs to get the machine in working order I am trying to get the machine programmed. It has about 12 programs stored in it's memory so I figured they have been running these and they should work as test programs. Problem is machine will read and excute the program till it comes to a G01 line then will just sit there with no alarm. Then I have to kill it zero return and restart control to get it to operate and respond to any comands only to do the same thing all over again if I attempt to run any program. I think it's a good machine and maybe I'm missing something here. I have experience with 6Tb controls I have 3 but this is quite different any advice will be apprecieated! thanks, Charles

Reply to
cemtektool

In one of the previously stored programs it was like: N108 G99 GO1 X2.5 F060,BUT THIS DIDN'T WORK.IT READ IT TO THAT LINE BUT JUST STOPS. I GOT AN OPERATORS MANUAL FROM FANUC AND IT SAID G98 & G99 ARE FUNCTION CODES FOR G01 ONE IS FEED PER REV THE OTHER INCH PER MINUTE, I WAS MESSING AROUND WITH IT TODAY AND FOUND ALL THESE PROGRAMS RUN IN DRY RUN ALL THE WAY THRU BUT NOT IN REGULAR CYCLE START,

Reply to
chaz388

I just replaced the drive belts but the spindel encoder belt was ok so that I didn't replace it I'll try the the MDI codes on Monday thanks Charlie

Reply to
chaz388

Thanks I'll try it, Charlie

Reply to
chaz388

u're giving it

, and it'll be

Sounds like yeah but thanks for the ideas of things to try on Monday, take care, Charlie

Reply to
chaz388

u're giving it

, and it'll be

All problems seem to be solved a local repair man working in my building took a look at it and thinks it was a loose connector in the control, Now everything is working fine but thanks for all the good suggestions! Charlie

Reply to
chaz388