Inspection Tools

The Starrett / Webber 19" reference bar which was formerly own by Spectra Physics was inspected and certified (didn't cost me a penny) by an ISO metrology lab. It's actually a lot more accurate than 4 millionths per inch.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

how old is the cert?

Reply to
Zymrgy

I prefer the Indi-Square but I use this Hermann Schmidt tool as well. Gage on top is a Starrett .0001 dial indicator. As I've mentioned I'm not a big fan of Starrett dial indicators.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

Did they use a comparator with overlay like you when you wanted to check your thread gauges?

-- Tom

brewertr

I prefer the Indi-Square but I use this Hermann Schmidt tool as well. Gage on top is a Starrett .0001 dial indicator. As I've mentioned I'm not a big fan of Starrett dial indicators.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

I like to repair my own inspection tools and I usually end up repairing the tools of the machinists I work with as well.

Dial Indicator Crystal Setter

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

Who needs that damn thing. Your a bafoon. A round piece of nylon with a piece of leather glued to it does just as good a job. Take ya 5 minutes to make one for every sized face indicator there is. Dood, every picture or paragraph you post, the farther back to high school machine shop you go. Damn, what did that piece of crap run ya? Considering it has no feel prolly makes it good for those cheap ass chinese "thick ass" plexiglass faces. But the best ones are damn near paper thing, making them super see thru, and cant be put in with that stupid arbor press gimic, you need "the feel". Ask someone old and running something like a jig grinder to explain it to ya.

What's nest? It's like a silent movie.

Reply to
vinny

Who in the hell do you think buys into your BS Jon? You REPAIRING inspection tools....LOL....how can you repair tools when you don't even know how to check them?

Tell us again how you were planning on checking the taper on that chamfer check indicator of yours.......LOL....How were you planning on checking your thread gauges again.......ROFLMAO...

Having a tool, knowing how to use it, knowing how to care for them are different things.

For instance Jon you operate VMC's at your current job. For more than a year you didn't even know what oil gage was for the automatic oiler (there is only one). That oil gage is supposed to be a daily operator check. You were operating the machines for more than a year and didn't even know where the oil gauge was located (I even sent you photos). Then when you found the oil gage and said it always reads ZERO then you followed up by saying it wasn't important to you, not a high priority. (Saves on lube, little rough on the machine tools though.....LOL.)

Chula Vista Jon, you live in Chula Vista, get a clue, try to keep up.

-- Tom

brewertr

Liar

Reply to
barn

I'm thinking of using this for my mobile Inspection setup. It will hold a bigger surface plate and allow storage of height stands, amplifiers, tri-square, parallel checker, etc. underneath. The bigger surface plate will also allow me to purchase and have a place to use a Brown And Sharpe Micro-Height.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer