just in....cnc lathe sux!

Except it looks to be a blind hole..

Besides, large broaches are terribly expensive and so unless you have many thousands of parts to do...

Been there done it...

Reply to
Uhh Clem

Vinny, you should come by & setup my 5 spindle Davenport if you think your lathe is crowded . I love lathe work, screw machines, CNC's. Mills are fun to play with but I don't use my Haas for anything other than making stuff for my Harleys & some stuff for some ones Z06. I love 12' bar work, put in a bar & Rock-N-Roll.

Cycle time on a Davenport is normally 5 seconds. Guess that's why I only have 860 hrs on my Haas I bought new in 2004. I don't want to wear it out .

Reply to
why