Looking to ID "something"

My customer claims they have a Fadal 914 VMC machine.
They also claim they use C40S7-0750 collets and CT40-75TG-2.50 is the number
off the part.
Contrary to my amazing internet searching skills, I can't figure out what size the round shank is on their tool from all this wonderful info.
...Anyone able decipher this info for me? I'm good at breaking cryptology from a non-malicious hacker perspective, but this has me stumped. <grin>
Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022 01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills: http://www.AutoDrill.com Multiple Spindle Drills: http://www.Multi-Drill.com Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com / Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com VIDEOS:
http://www.youtube.com/user/AutoDrill
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill FACEBOOK: http://tinyurl.com/AutoDrill-Facebook
V8013-R

I'm guessing that they have a Cat 40 taper in the machine. I cannot Guess what "Part" you are referring to. Do you mean the collet itself? The collet holder? The part gripped by the collet? Even harder for us to guess, than you....
The TG may be for a TG style single angle collet. The 75 may be referring to a 3/4" diameter, or the overall size of the collet. Take a look at this page, and see if the collets and dimensions look familiar.
http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/GSDRVSM?PACACHE=000000150401279
PS Did you ask Maritool.com about those hex collets?

number
The holder is a Cat 40 that is 2-1/2' gage length and it uses tg75 collets with .
Fwiw, tg75 is almost identical to the much more common tg100 except it's smaller in size, max tool shank capacity being 3/4 instead of 1.00

Excellent. Seems to line up with what I was hoping it all meant.
Thank you.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

...Thus my e-mail.
I agree on the CAT40 part.

That is what I was thinking... But also the reason I wrote here about it.
(CLIP)

Not yet. Swamped.
--

Regards,