Hard Chrome ID Tubing Source?

Looking for some precision ID, hard chromed tubing.

Anyone have some good sources?

I prefer to keep it in the USA if possible but at this point, I would consider just about anything as our current suppliers are having a hard time keeping up.

Maybe someone here does this kind of stuff?

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
Spindle Drills:
Tapping:
Site:
V8013-R
Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

I would call these guys..

At least be sure to ask for a recommendation, they should know if they cannot supply your needs.

Reply to
Cross-Slide

Search: hydraulic cylinder tubing chrome

For example:

Ned Simmons

Good idea, but most of those guys hold .002-.005" tolernances ID. I need

0.0005" or so...

I didn't know that last week. :)

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
Spindle Drills:
Tapping:
Site:
V8013-R
Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

You didn't mention length, diameter or quantity either. But unless they're awfully large, these folks can do it. You'd have to ask how they'd handle the plating.

Full disclosure: they're a customer of mine.

Reply to
Ned Simmons

I'll give them a ring.

Thank you.

If it matters, 2, 4, 6 and 9" in length with IDs ranging from 1.5" to 6" or so...

Previous suppler made the tubes in 16' lengths and we had a lcoal lathe shop part them to length. I would have LOVED to see that hone process...

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Make sure you don't overspecify your requirements. They do a lot of very fussy work in exotic alloys and will give you exactly what you ask for -- and charge you for it.

Reply to
Ned Simmons