OT: in the hole

And that's from a guy who spent the better part of his life playing with one kind of ball or another .

Hawke

Reply to
Hawke

Stand near a piece of plastic and you won't golf like that any more. ;-)

Later,

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Gary

Actually I knew your ironical style. The follow-up was intended for the Bush haters.

To a very large degree, to hold the current President responsible for what is occurring is like holding the hood ornament on a Buick responsible for how the car is driven. In most cases, these events are the results of decisions made years ago and/or outside forces over which he has no control. *AT MOST* he can be held accountable only for his response, and even this is limited by the "WeBes" [as in "We be here before you here, and we be here after you gone"] in the action levels of government. The recent events at FEMA and the CIA should be examples/reminders of this.

However, to a large degree this is self-inflected wound. If the president runs on and is elected because of his promises to make the blind to see, the lame to walk, etc., the people expect him to produce....

This proves again the old adage that when running for public office, you can tell the people anything *BUT* the truth.

Unka George (George McDuffee)

There is something to be said for government by a great aristocracy which has furnished leaders to the nation in peace and war for generations; even a democrat like myself must admit this. But there is absolutely nothing to be said for government by a plutocracy, for government by men very powerful in certain lines and gifted with the "money touch," but with ideals which in their essence are merely those of so many glorified pawnbrokers.

Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919), U.S. Republican (later Progressive) politician, president. Letter, 15 Nov. 1913.

Reply to
F. George McDuffee