Scott Kalitta Died Today.

I looked it up on google satellite maps. There is a main road just past the end the track. I read somewhere that the concrete barrier was put in after a race car crossed the road. Apparently this track was built when the cars were a lot slower. Interesting to note that there is a large X painted at the end of the strip to keep pilots from landing there instead of the airport near the track.

Reply to
ff

Looking at the video, over and over, the tires were still turning all the way to the sand, indicating that either he was unconsious, or the braking system had completely failed / was taken out by the explosion.

I agree, the drivers will use the wall to "scrub off" speed to try to avoid the kitty litter, didnt see that this time.

Terribly sad day.

"D"

Reply to
reidmachine

Hell...put in an arresting hook between the wheelie bars

No net needed, just about 4 sets wires and a hyraulic payout reel...and a significantly beefed up car frame....

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Fear not. I'm just old, not stupid. At least not THAT stupid. LOL

Reply to
John R. Carroll

Jon Anderson wrote in news:xYKdnUAoIv53ecPVnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

If you watched the interviews on Sunday, I forget which driver they were talking to, but he indicated that Scott was dead and they knew it before he even left the track area.

Reply to
Anthony