Semi-OT: new MacBook cases being machined out of solid aluminum "billet"

You can even see the "billets" being made... :-))

--moi

Reply to
moi

Talk about irony.

Macs are being machined out of aluminum, YET, almost Zero CAD CAM CNC software is ported to the Mac. Now that is irony at it's best.

In my years programming I have never seen but one customer who uses an Apple computer.

I wonder that the CAD CAM CNC software they machine the Macs with is actually operating on an IBM based computer. Michael

Reply to
Michael

Wanna bet the CNC runs an IBM based Windows software? Especially since no CNC Machine Tool Builder uses Apple to control a CNC machine.

Reply to
Michael

Michael wrote in news:NbOJk.5129$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe14.iad:

Actually, it's running a proprietary Linux based system.

Reply to
Anthony

4.iad:

Here is a link in case the other one doesn't work.

Did anyone see how Slow they are running that machine? It looked slow to me anyway.

Reply to
Half-nutz

With GNU licensing, how can it be proprietary?

Wes

Reply to
clutch