Semi-OT: new MacBook cases being machined out of solid aluminum "billet"

http://gizmodo.com/5063227/how-the-macbooks-are-carved-out-of-solid-aluminum
You can even see the "billets" being made... :-))
--moi
moi wrote:

Talk about irony.
Macs are being machined out of aluminum, YET, almost Zero CAD CAM CNC software is ported to the Mac. Now that is irony at it's best.
In my years programming I have never seen but one customer who uses an Apple computer.
I wonder that the CAD CAM CNC software they machine the Macs with is actually operating on an IBM based computer. Michael
--

Michael Gailey
Artistic CNC Mill, Router and Engraver Programming
Michael wrote:

Wanna bet the CNC runs an IBM based Windows software? Especially since no CNC Machine Tool Builder uses Apple to control a CNC machine.
--

Michael Gailey
Artistic CNC Mill, Router and Engraver Programming

Actually, it's running a proprietary Linux based system.
--
Anthony

4.iad:

Here is a link in case the other one doesn't work.
http://www.flixxy.com/new-macbook-2008.htm
Did anyone see how Slow they are running that machine? It looked slow to me anyway.

With GNU licensing, how can it be proprietary?
Wes