Tool path simulation?

    --Looking for a free or cheap download for a program that will generate a tool path simulation from G-code. Anyone got a link to something
without an odious price tag or EULA?     TIA,
--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Do us a favor and rescue
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : a doggie or three...

------------ Depends which G code dialect you want, if you want a simulator, or just a line backplotter, if you need macros, etc.
for basic lathe/mill/wire/water see http://www.cncsimulator.com/ http://www.ncplot.com/ncplotfree/ncplotfree.htm
also demos at http://www.cutviewer.com/
If you come across any others that are free/cheap please post or email me off list.
alt.machines.cnc added to distro list for specific question:
Are any of the "money players" using EMC2/linux in their shops? ----------------------
On Mon, 02 Feb 2009 21:07:27 -0600, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"

------------- Downloaded the ISO image, burned the cd, and installed Hardy Heron. [Much better graphics than the earlier unbutu distro I was running.]
I now have some questions:
#1. My main interest at the present time is turning. I have not been able to get any of what I think are lathes to display a simulation. Any suggestions or does someone have a generic turning center file they can share.
#2. I have considerable turning cnc code [generic g text] that I developed in windows that I would like to import to EMC2. I can read the files as text in linux but can't seem to get these to import into EMC2. Any suggestions.
#3. Does EMC2 support any type of tool library?
FWIW -- I no longer have access to real cnc machines [retired] but I would like a good emulator/simulator.