Tool path simulation?

--Looking for a free or cheap download for a program that will generate a tool path simulation from G-code. Anyone got a link to something without an odious price tag or EULA? TIA,

Reply to
steamer

------------ Depends which G code dialect you want, if you want a simulator, or just a line backplotter, if you need macros, etc.

for basic lathe/mill/wire/water see

also demos at

If you come across any others that are free/cheap please post or email me off list.

Unka' George [George McDuffee]

F. George McDuffee

alt.machines.cnc added to distro list for specific question:

Are any of the "money players" using EMC2/linux in their shops?

------------- Downloaded the ISO image, burned the cd, and installed Hardy Heron. [Much better graphics than the earlier unbutu distro I was running.]

I now have some questions:

#1. My main interest at the present time is turning. I have not been able to get any of what I think are lathes to display a simulation. Any suggestions or does someone have a generic turning center file they can share.

#2. I have considerable turning cnc code [generic g text] that I developed in windows that I would like to import to EMC2. I can read the files as text in linux but can't seem to get these to import into EMC2. Any suggestions.

#3. Does EMC2 support any type of tool library?

FWIW -- I no longer have access to real cnc machines [retired] but I would like a good emulator/simulator.