Latest threads in ⧑ Industrial Control Groupshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

quastion
why in 3 phases motors replacing beetween star &triangle takes 5 to7 seconds
4
4

Robust Control Problem -> bug (Matlab Robust Control TB) or understanding problem?
Plz be so kind and look at the following link into the documentation of the mixed sensitivity function of matlab robust control toolbox. this doc a example is listet: s=zpk('s'); G=(s-1)/(s+1)^2;...
10
10

Major re-write of sci.engr.* FAQ on Engineers and Quality
Because of a server error, a large section of the sci.engr.* FAQ on Engineers and Quality was cut off and lost. As it happens, this is only a Bad Thing [tm] for one reason: I only have record of Tony...
1
1

Disturbances plus Noise Considerations
Disturbances plus Noise Considerations Simulated/calculated for 1. PID controller (Page 2) 2. Feedforward plus PID plus disturbance compensations (Page 3) under equal conditions with 2 disturbances...

dynamic mode for optimal control
Hi All, I am working on a dyamic control of a mobile robot. I have developed a nonlinear dynamic model. What I am not sure is how accurate the dynamic model is needed in order to have a stable optimal...
3
3

How can i read from Modbus/TCP
Greetings all, Can some one point me of in the right direction, i need to read a value to from a modbus device, which is connected on the LAN. Is there any ready-made software which can read a value,...
5
5

New software for modeling Grafcet
SFCEDIT is a software for modeling complex grafcets according to IEC 60848 standard. Unlike classical drawing software, SFCEDIT maintains the chart layout automatically, which makes easy the...
1
1

Industrial Ethernet Design
I'm a network admin in a small manufacturing plant, and as part of my responsibilities, I oversee all the Ethernet in the plant. During a recent network issue (a loop caused by a maintenance tech...
2
2

Starting a project to automate the mixing of salt water...
Hi all: I'm beginning a project to automate the mixing of salt water. Variables to be controller are the salinity, ph, and temperature. DI water supply lines are already available and the salt I will...
17
17

LQR calculation of damping/ natrual frequency?
Yes.. this is a homework-- I think I've figured out part of the problem but can't find any info on how to do the second. I would appreciate a hint or clue.. The system: A = [0 1; 1 0] B = [0; 1] Q =...
4
4

Challenge for best Feedforward/Feedback control
On the basis of Peter's data set I tried to find the best control. Data set: Time, Position, Control Output 0,0,1 0.1,0.0280961296169728,1 0.2,0.105480069053459,1 0.3,0.22321745414104,1...
22
22

Heat loss in a control panel
Hello, I am trying to figure out how to effectively cool a control cabinet which has a VFD in it. And I don't want to do this with an online heat transfer program. I would like to understand the...
7
7

Why would you model a system as 5th order when a 2nd order approximation is apparently close enough?
Andrew, I calculated PID gains for the second order model that you calculated. You can see that my PID gains work very well for your second order model but fail miserably when applied to the actual 5...
7
7

CFP: The 7th International Symposium on Intelligent Automation and Control
The 7th International Symposium on Intelligent Automation and Control (ISIAC 2008) will be held on the Kohala Coast of the Big Island of Hawaii at the Hilton Waikoloa Village, 28 September through 2...

humidification of airstream
Hi All I need to run a test where I require 80C air at 100% RH at the input to my test piece. The air is flowing through a 1/2" shop air line (dried and filtered). I am planing to heat the air to over...
4
4