Any Control Book recommendations for the Novice?

I've been reading this ng for a while and have been trying to follow along. Can anyone recommend a good book for an interested beginner?

Reply to
crb

D.W. St. Claire's book is really good. It explains basics that a lot of other books don't. Check in the history on this site because he posts an ad for his book ever few months. You get a cool little software package with it too for simulating loops.

Curtis Keyes

Reply to
Curtis

Process Control Systems by Shinskey remains a classic IMHO.

Reply to
bruce varley

Reply to
TheRomanov

One of the best books on control systems is the one by Graham Goodwin et al:

fred.

Reply to
Fred Stevens

I have an EE. And took a control class my senior. It covered buck boost converters and I didn't get a whole lot out of it I must admit.

Reply to
crb

Reply to
TheRomanov

crb,

I presume these people are not interested in switch-mode power supply design... (which is the context where terms like 'buck' and 'boost' are typically used)

U.

"TheRomanov" (e)k berri-mezuan idatzi du: snipped-for-privacy@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Ugalde-Olea, Unai

Here is a short tutorial on the subject that a may jangle a few neurons:

John Popelish