Any Control Book recommendations for the Novice?

I've been reading this ng for a while and have been trying to follow along. Can anyone recommend a good book for an interested beginner?

D.W. St. Claire's book is really good. It explains basics that a lot of other books don't. Check in the history on this site because he posts an ad for his book ever few months. You get a cool little software package with it too for simulating loops.
Curtis Keyes

along.
Process Control Systems by Shinskey remains a classic IMHO.
Beginner as it means that no basic knowledge from university level? Or beginner with academic knowledge?
crb wrote:

One of the best books on control systems is the one by Graham Goodwin et al:
http://csd.newcastle.edu.au /
fred.
TheRomanov wrote:

I have an EE. And took a control class my senior. It covered buck boost converters and I didn't get a whole lot out of it I must admit.
Buck boost? Sound like a greenbacks booster control.
crb wrote:

crb,
I presume these people are not interested in switch-mode power supply design... (which is the context where terms like 'buck' and 'boost' are typically used)
U.
du: snipped-for-privacy@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

TheRomanov wrote:

Here is a short tutorial on the subject that a may jangle a few neurons: http://www.national.com/appinfo/power/files/f5.pdf