Best CAD software for control schematics?

Opinions please?

Need more info on your application.
snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote:

If you are part of a larger orgaization, whatever software is used for everything else. If AutoCad is used throughout the company, then use AutoCad. Etc. for other software.
If all your company or organization does is control schematics, then one of the CAD programs may be better than others, but they are very similar.
John
snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote:

No contest - ControlDraw! And no, it is not even similar to other packages. It is designed for control systems for a start. Francis www.controldraw.com

Thanks I will check it out
We have AutoCAD here but is plain Jane AutoCAD. I see where Autodesk has AutoCAD Electrical out now and it designed strictly for control schematics.
I work in a typical maint dept of local factory. Need something to help me draw control schematics for machines we build or retrofit
Let me just explain ControlDraw a bit more. CD is in essence a database with diagramming. The diagrams are very flexible, and could include Electrical Schematics, which is I suspect what you were looking for. However the main intent is to produce diagrams that define the exact scope and functionality of a control system. These include P&ID Graphics, control loop SAMA diagram, logic diagrams, sequential function charts etc. From these diagrams you get data tables, for example IO Lists, parameter lists, alarm schedules etc. Electrical Schematics are the abolute bottom level of a control system, dealing with hardware and not software functions
Now, what do you really mean by control schematics?
Francis

I mean the bottom level
I've always used AutoCAD. I spend all day designing control panels, and it works fine for me.
sQuick..

Just plain AutoCAD?
Or the AutoCAD Electrical package?

Just plain AutoCAD
sQuick..
AutoCad is good, for many other things. However, you gain much more productivity and probably spend less than a day designing control panels if you use control and electrical specific software.
Have a look at www.radicasoftware.com, easy to use, no commands, drag and drop, plus it's smart.
Hopes it helps.