Getting 2000 INTs from Siemens S7 to Microsoft Excel

This is a followup to a question I just asked a few moments ago in these same two groups

In order to get some statistical data out of my machine for analysis, I've made a FIFO to grab my data, but am having trouble getting the data out of the processor.

I can easily collect the data in the controller, then I can get it out by creating a Variable Table. From there, I can copy and and paste the data into Excel.

Unfortunately, I can only monitor (and copy) about 30-40 INTs at the same time. This is easy for 100 DINTs (it's just some temp logic for analysis; it's not production code). When I've got 1000 INTs this is unwieldy.

Is there an easier way to get large hunks of data out of the S7 processors using the Step7 programming software (I didn't buy DDE server software)? How might I accomplish this using the tools above? A reference to the user manual would be immensely helpful--I've spent quite some time reading them, and haven't run across this situation.

Thanks!

Reply to
thrugoodmarshall

You'll probably have more luck asking these types of questions on the Siemens forums at

What I'd try is this. Assuming the variables are in a data block, use Step 7 to upload the data block to the offline project. Then, use the editor to generate an STL source file for the data block. It should be relatively easy to parse the STL file in Excel to get the variables.

HTH, SteveA

Reply to
SteveA