Siemens S7 - program in C

Hello

I'm looking for a examples writen in C (for linux) how can I communicate with Simatic S7 uses Profibus (interface RS 485).

Thanks for Your help

E.N

Reply to
E.N

What kind of protocol are you looking for? PROFIBUS FMS, PROFIBUS DP or 'simply' FDL??

Are you aware that you need an ASIC or a co-processor (speed

Reply to
Armin Steinhoff

It may be that using profibus to implement s7unix comms is not the easiest way, google helps:

with this you'll need CP443-1 card or similar..

Reply to
Antti Järvinen

but with this you'll need CP443-1 card or similar..

If they've got Ethernet, S7's also talk RFC-1006, right?

Reply to
Grant Edwards

Yes, but I've not seen a RFC-1006 implementation in linux that would talk to S7 .. to my understanding the RFC-1006 in S7 means that they just use RFC-1006 to encapsulate some other protocol that fits into ISO/OSI layered protocol framework but lacks implementation in linux.

There is

would be a great starting point if siemens would give out documentation to the protocol used inside RFC-1006?

But I not know. I have not really tried to get RFC-1006 connections to work using linux.

Reply to
Antti Järvinen