Siemens S7 200

Help:
Ihave a plant that has a bunch of S7-200 plcs and they are all password protected from the last guy i am told. I do not wish to change them all out
however i have no choice to replace all these units with a unit i can depand on and am able to program. Every one i have seen will allow you to upload and download the program without a password even if you cant edit it
Is ther a way to upload a copy and download another copy to the plcs.
Please help before i have to remove them from the bidders list.
thanks Joe Meyer Engineering Manager Randolph Electronics

Joe, here is the manual for the thing that tells how to reset the password.. https://a248.e.akamai.net/cache.automation.siemens.com/dnl/DI3MzExAAAA_1109582_HB/S7%2D200_E.pdf
If the program itself is password protected at the PC end, you can do a cut-n-paste to a new non-protected file, then download it.
If Paul Mac was still there he would have sold them all Omrons anyway, and that may be the best way yet.

looking at that again, I better understand now. Do you have a hard copy of the program by chance?
Steve: How ya been ?? long time since we chatted last. I believe Siemens SUCKS!! very much!!!!
Well no ther is no backup and there is no way the manufacturer will give it up. Omron does have a back door password and will unlock them.
I am told that Siemens has the same but i cannot get a answer on this one.was hoping that someone will reply. I guess we will pull all the Siemens boxes and trash them and install Omron units.
give me a call sometime.
thanks Joe

out
depand