S7-200 to S7-300 conversion untility?

I posted this over in S.E.C. but thought I would post here also. Does anyone know of a utility to convert a Siemens S7-200 program over to a S7-300? Apparently there is some formatting or other differences between the two.

Reply to
Anthony

S7 200 is completely different to S7 in every conceivable way and I know of no conversion. Sorry.

Reply to
bob watkinson

"bob watkinson" wrote in news:cu5t1c$ho9$ snipped-for-privacy@news8.svr.pol.co.uk:

Ah well....there was hope...

Reply to
Anthony

Having said that S7 200 programs are usually so basic that any Siemens programmer could easily convert it line for line to S7

Reply to
bob watkinson

"bob watkinson" wrote in news:cu6406$q26 $ snipped-for-privacy@news7.svr.pol.co.uk:

That is the plan, but was just trying to save some time. We were going to use the existing S7-200 and just replace all the mechanical hardware on an automation project, however, since orders have increased, we do not now have the luxury of downtime to install all the new hardware, do the re-wiring and minor debugging. So we found an S7-300 and panel in the machine boneyard we are going to build up with the mechanicals and debug prior to installation in production. The downfall is that the program is already written for the S7-200 we were planning to use.

Reply to
Anthony