Hands on Functional Safety

With regard to hardware safety integrity, the system designer is required to demonstrate that the probability of component hardware failures leading to
failure of the system to correctly perform the safety function when required is no higher than the required safety integrity level of the safety function. This is realised through considerations of factors as redundancy within the system architecture, diagnostic coverage, diagnostic test intervals and proof test intervals.
In particular this requires you to: 1) record test equipment with calibration details; 2) have a predefined testing plan; 2) record test results an evaluate them.
But do you have a suitable and above all safe and audit proof system for a) the documentation of Scenario's, Unwanted Situations and Safety Provisions; b) managing the diagnostic tests to demonstrate proper functioning of Safety Provisions; c) managing the practice of overriding Safety Provisions?
If so we would appreciate it to hear about it. If not we urge you to visit our web site at www.lance-safety.com where you can learn more about it. And for the impatient among you we've made a Full Working demoversion of our system availabe that you can download directly at: http://www.lance-safety.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Downloads&file=index&req=getit&lidB
I hope to meet anyone active in this field of expertise that's interested in this topic and would like to discuss it any further.
Kind Regards,
Marc Hanssen The Lance Group snipped-for-privacy@lance.nl