Level Instrument for Interface measurement

Hi all,
Can anyone give some idea to solve the below issue.
We are interested in measuring the Interface level in a closed vessel.
We got the idea of using the Radar level instrument for the same. Having the Radar level instrument directly on the tank would solve th issue. But the problem is that the vessel is highly pressurised and the maintenance of the Radar level instrument would be a problem. So the next step is go for an external chamber. In an external chamber how the level of the two liquid levels can be maintained at the same height of the vessel? How many nozzles are required in the vessel?
Expecting your replies.... S.Ramesh
Ramesh, Are the SG of two liquids significantly different? If the answer is YES, then may be a radiation level detector is the answer. Speak to either your local RONAN or OHMART or THERMO ELECTRON application representative to see if they have used the radiation detector in a similar application. Regards, Raj

If you have the money, an Enraf 854 servo-level gauge wuld be ideal for this application. There is a high pressure version available and you simply choose a displacer to suit.
If you only really need point level detection, try Drexelbrook's "The Point" admittance level probe: http://www.drexelbrook.com/products/SKU.cfm?Product_Id28&SKU_IDQ2
You haven't said exactly what it is you are measuring, but if it builds up on tank surfaces, the Drexelbrook system would be better than the Enraf displacer.
Cameron:-)

In the old days we Instrument Engineers would probably have specified a classical displacer-type interface level transmitter. No doubt nowadays its essential to use some highly complex and fancy electronic sensing device!
Kelvin B. Hales Kelvin Hales Associates Limited Consulting Process Control Engineers Web: www.khace.com