Micrologix 1000 Series A / PC communications

I am trying to connect to a Series A Micrologix 1000 processor using RSLinx DF-1 and a 1761-CBL-PM02 cable, but with no success. All the
documentation that I can find deals with Processors and Cables that are Series B or higher. I suspect that the cabling for a Series A may be different or I am doing something else wrong.
Any advice or pin-out suggestions?
On 17 May 2004 14:01:42 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@bresnan.net (Nelson R.) wrote:

I do it all the time. What happens? Auto-configure fails?
Is another program using the serial port? HAve you tried another PLC? Maybe the 1000 is off in the weeds.
It's been a few years, and I don't remember all the driver names, but this problem stumped the AB telephone support folks. I will try to explain what little I remember:
The MicroLogix 1000 supports "DF1 via RS232" or "DH-485 via RS232". The cable and the electrical signals are the same but the packet language is different. They may wake up in "DH-485 via RS232" and you have to download a ladder program which specifies DF1 communications but using the RSLinx 485 driver. Then you get a loss of communications warning and you have to change the RSLinx driver to the DFI driver to communicate again.
If all else fails try to get ahold of Ken Roach at Rockwell Software in Bellevue Wa USA.
snipped-for-privacy@bresnan.net (Nelson R.) wrote in message

I think the cables are the same throughout the series.
I do remember having some problems with the "dual-purpose" port, though.
If you're going to the Micro from straight serial -232, I think that's the default. As I recall, there was a small switch (you had to depress it with a paperclip or something) that reset the port to -232. Look at your docs or see them at www.ab.com.
If you think it might be on DH-485, and you've got a PIC or AIC+, try using it with your cable instead of straight -232.
Jake