RS485 / Ethernet

I would like change an RS485 network to Ethernet and then back again to RS485. Has any one here heard of such a device? I have looked around and have only
found RS485/Ethernet Device servers.
Brad
Try these
http://www.bb-elec.com /
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=RS485+Ethernet+&btnG=Google+Se arch

RS485.
only

Having bought quite a few items from B&B over the years they were my first choice, but with respect to RS485 to Ethernet all they offer is a device server, which if I'm not mistaken will only offer a pseudo COM port that can be used by a terminal application or some other SCADA type of application. What I am looking for is a RS485 to Ethernet and further down the line back to Ethernet. Now if I have my head screwed on right, each device would have to know of the others IP address. Or in the case of multi drops there would have to some sort of master/slave setup. But I am not in the design field I'm just a installer. And hopefully some one out there knows is such a device is available or I'll have to switch to Plan "B" , not the plan of first choice.
Brad
brad wrote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ You mean, "[from Ethernet] back to RS-485 "?

This one looks promising:
http://www.rs485.com/pespsx3.html -> http://www.rs485.com/downloadfiles/espsx3manual-03-30-02.pdf :
| The ESPSX3 can also be configured to act in a stand-alone mode | automatically connecting a serial port on one board to a serial port | on another board via the LAN/WAN connection."
HTH
Michael
brad wrote:

Try either of:-
http://catalog.blackbox.com/BlackBox/Templates/blackbox/mainscreen.asp http://www.blackbox.co.uk /
There are other similar outlets for these type of devices.
Paul E. Bennett ....................<email://peb@a...>
Brad,
You might try looking at some of Lantronix UDS line of parts. If I remember correctly they have a mode where a pair of them gateway over ethernet. I've done this with their UDS-10 and modbus->modbus ethernet->modbus. If I remember correctly there is a different firmware that will allow a generic protocol as well.
Bill
Paul E. Bennett wrote:

brad wrote:

Yes, Use the Lantronix, I've converted many circuit from 4 wire lease line with bell 202T modems to serial to RS485 all over ethernet and frame relay. Not an easy project, but, definately worth doing.
James