Problem with Allen Bradley Micrologix 1500 PLC

While trying to go online to a Mirologix 1500 using RSLogix 2.50, at the end of uploading processor image I get an error Upload Failed - Decompiler
Error. As a result I cant go online to view/edit the programmable controller program. There is something on the Rockwell website concerning this but I think you need to be online to fix. Unless there is another way. Anybody can offer any assistance. TIA

end
Are you using a 485 cable to connect? If so Check your cable that your using to connect to the processor.
Can you change areas of the program and just view the processor?
Last resort which may be a option or may not. Cold boot the processor DO NOT remove the processor. I am not sure if this one uses EEPROM to write the program to memory. Most do I would hate to give you information that causes more problems than it solves.

That should have been RSLogix 5.20
The website says Error: Decompiler error / unknown error when trying to upload or go online with a Micrologix 1500.
Cause: Empty Datafile in the project. RSLogix 500 3.01.09.02 will not upload a project that has an empty data file.
Workaround: Upload the project with RSLogix 500 ver 4.0 or later. Open the suspect datafile and expand it to at least one element. Save the project and download to the processor.
But I am using version 5.20 and still have this problem.
I seem to remember 5.2 having several issues and they promptly released a new version 5.21 I think. I do remember micrologix issues.

I don't have a solution to your problem. But, just to clarify, you are using RSLogix 5000 and not RSLogix 500, right? The error message that you posted says RSLogix 500. The Micrologix programs with RSLogix 5000.
On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 09:24:38 +0100, BIGEYE wrote:

Nope. ControlLogix, Flexlogix, DriveLogix, Softlogix and CompactLogix use RSL5000, MicroLogix uses RSL500. Common point of confusion.
you probably have an earlier version of rslogix500 than what the unit was compiled with.

Nope. The RSLogix 500 programs the Micrologix.
Ben Miller
--
Benjamin D. Miller, PE
B. MILLER ENGINEERING