PID Tuning Program

I am doing a college course and am looking for a process simulation program where I can set up a simulated a process on my pc and dabble with PID
settings to tune a controller in response to process upsets or setpoint changes. It is not a real-world program I am looking for, just something to visualise what can happen with different settings. Is there anything that would fit my needs.
ftp://ftp.deltacompsys.com/public/PID /
There are some zipped .xls files there that simulate different kinds of systems. T1P1 is short for type 1 1 real pole. This would be like a simple motor system. There are also some threads on www.plcs.net about PID tuning that reference these files. Basically, I had an internet class. Every week was a different kind of system to tune. The time period was about August to October of last year.
Thanks for that.

This program are intended to tune industrial processes. such as pulp and paper loops http://hem.fyristorg.com/PI_Tune/index.htm

MATLAB/Simulink Student Edition? <http://www.mathworks.com/academia/student_version/
Kelvin
Hi,
I've discovered this link and just ordered the book...
Really a very well done job...
http://www.techteach.no /
You can find for free many PID and simulators:
http://www.techteach.no/kybsim/index_eng.htm
Try this...
http://www.techteach.no/kybsim/you_the_controller/index.php
Hope this will help.
Ciao, Marco
BIGEYE wrote:

Ottimo, grazie!!
-- Per rispondermi via email sostituisci il risultato dell'operazione (in lettere) dall'indirizzo
If you know of Matlab, then check out SciLab. It's free and has many of the same features. http://www-rocq.inria.fr/scilab /

If your college has HYSYS Dynamic version, that could help.
BIGEYE wrote:

program
setpoint
visualise