plc applications

hi all, i'm thinking of building an universal plc interface, i.e., from an application on pc (c++/c/vb) to a microcontroller, as i'm fed up of having to use
manufacturer specific software. do you think this is viable product???
regards
shaun
On 31 Dec 2003 07:41:31 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Eelectromech) wrote:

You mean like a programming (ladder) interface? If you pull it off, I'll be your first customer.
Softwaretoolbox already sells activex type stuff to communicate with plc's on a word level, and I have found them to work quite well.
Eelectromech wrote:

Maybe you could program it to operate your SHIFT key :-)
Seriously, good luck iwth your project.