Principle Behind Sisotool Optimization Tuning Method

Hello,
I designed a controller through sisotool by using the auto tuning: Optimization Based Tuning Method. I want to learn the idea behind this method, like what is the optimzation function? How do we get the optima controller parameters?
Dose some have any idea? Could you please explain! Thank you.
Bests
Kai