Question regarding Modicon stuff.

Got a water plant using a Modicon 9/85 265 PLC. Existing program needs to be modified. Have just the PLC, and nothing else such as software,etc. (Well, we do have the program printed out) I'm told from the vendors I spoke to that whatever software I use, I'm married to. Previous programmer (Deceased) used Concept, I'm told. Whatever, I will be needing to have a stab at it when the new actuator comes in. I am open to suggestions, as I have been a Koyo guy for years. (What can I say, I bid jobs with it and I get them.) I plan on having the Plant Manager buy the software as well as a laptop for the sole purpose of connecting to and making whatever changes need be as the time comes. Thanks in advance for any advice and wisdom you can impart on this ModiNoob.

Reply to
2007genewalton

If the plant was programmed using Concept, then talk to your local Schneider rep and buy a copy, a laptop and the programing cable - you should then be able to download the program from the CPU and make whatever changes are required.

Good luck with your project.

Cameron:-)

Reply to
Cameron Dorrough

I agree with Cameron, and have a few more ideas to add, some of which we learned the hard way during the Modsoft to Concept transition where I used to work:

The 265 model is part of the TSX Compact family. They fit the same Compact chassis as the original Compact 984 models, but they have several diffferences including the ability to mix both 984 ladder logic and IEC 61131-3 code in the same program using Concept. You can also use ProWorx, but it only supports

984LL programming.

Here's the tricky part: 984LL can always be uploaded from a PLC. IEC code is compiled and cannot be uploaded and decompiled unless the source code was also downloaded, which is optional in Concept. Look carefully at the printout. If the sections are all labeled 984LL, you've lucked out and can upload and edit the program. If any sections are labeled LD, FBD, IL, ST or SFC or just don't look like ladder logic, they're IEC and the only way to find out where you stand is to try uploading with Concept.

Good luck indeed,

Mike

Reply to
Mike Lamond

Sir,

Can anybody please tell me as to what's there in a ladder logic s/w

Reply to
jyotishsb