RSLogix to program in Structure Text language?

Does the software RSLogix to provide an environment where you can use Structure Text (ST) to program a PLC instead of using ladder logic. I am hoping to be able to quickly learn how to program a PLC but hope not to have to learn Ladder Logic, or at least save it to a future time where I have more time. The reason I am interested in using ST is because someone told me its similar to C or C++ or Pascal or Fortran which I already have used. Anyway, the PLC I am hoping to get this on is SLC 5/04. Appreciate your help.

Reply to
Orc General

Structured text is available in RSLogix 5000 for it's supported platforms (ControlLogix, CompactLogix etc.) I'm just using it for the first time on a CompactLogix processor, and so far so good.

However, for an SLC 5/04, you'll be using RSLogix 500, and only ladder is available.

Regards, Andrew

Reply to
Andrew M