RS Logix

Well now I'm stuck. Had/got to upgrade to a new computer at work. 'SolidWorks'.. Was running Win98 and had the old version of APS 6.01. Yea I know it antique but it worked for the SLC500's that dominate the shop. Now I have to push for an upgrade so I can kill off the old machine. WinXp Pro..

Complicating the solution is the fact that some of the newer machine being brought in are running the Control Logic systems. Dose anyone know of the right software to get? Looks like RSLogix is right. Haven't called the local rep as yet, first I need to convince the boss..

jb..

Reply to
James

Do you have enough hard drive space on the machine. What you can do is run multiple OS on the same machine, just install them on different partitions.

Reply to
Sam Kaan

ControlLogix does require RSLogix. RSLogix5000 is what you are after though. As far as I know, Logix500 won't do you any good. Dual

Reply to
Andy

If it were my machine I might conceder multi systems, but I.T. won't have it... go figgure.

jb..

Reply to
jb

You can't program Control Logix with RS Logix 500 you need RS Logix 5000, no options !!

Reply to
Nigel Turton

OK so RS Logix 5000. Will do the SLC500 also? Sort of the same subject. Will/can RS use the PIC interface? This is used on the SLC500 net we have. jb.

Reply to
James

RSLOGIX 5 = PLC5 processors RSLOGIX 500 = SLC processors RSLOGIX 5000 = Controllogix processors

Reply to
A van Breugel

PIC interface is simply a RS232 to DH485 converter. It is crap. Avoid it if possible. You can use a PCMK card if you have a laptop. It talks DH+, DH-485 and RIO. Much better option. Avoid the PIC interface at all cost.

Reply to
I wish I was a machine...