searching for a string vibration response program on SCILAB

Hello dear members of the sci.engr.control newsgroup.

I'm working on a string vibration problem dealing with differential equations.

I'm searching for a SCILAB program that simulates the response of a string length L=1 (Omega=] 0,1 [) under an excitation F (X, T) =chi (X) cos (wt)

- chi indicates the function characteristic of the interval ]a,b[ on an interval of time [0, T].

This program have to make it possible to visualize on the same graph the evolution in time of three approximate solutions:

  • the numerical solution obtained by applying the method of superposition of modes (decomposition on K first clean modes),

  • the solution obtained while discretizing in space by the method the finite differences.

It seems that is a classical problem that had to be well probably already written. You know where I can find it please?

Many Thanks.

Hollywwod

Reply to
Hollywood

"Hollywood" wrote in news:1148464003.374475.79120 @i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

No, but a control group probably isn't the ideal place.

Reply to
Scott Seidman

comp.soft-sys.math.scilab might be a good place to post, however.

Reply to
Tim Wescott