Kevlar String

Is Kevlar string something that can be found at local stores such as Wally-Mart, Home Depot, Lowes?

Ted Mahler

Reply to
Ted Mahler

I don't recall so.... I've found it at marinas in the sail repair racks and at hobby shops on the u-control supplies rack. Also scored several spools of the stuff from a fishing supply shop over in Europe...

Andy

Reply to
Andy Eng

Just be aware that the Kevlar cord you buy from a fishing supply place is almost certainly waxed or treated with a lubricant finish layer. This is great for running through spinning reels, but it means that glue doesn't stick to it and the knots can come untied. I know my Kevlar costs more, but I specify Kevlar cords that are optimized for use in rocket building.

Doug Pratt

Andy Eng wrote:

Reply to
pratthobbies

is kevlar an export controlled item, like are you allowed to ship them to another country?

Reply to
tai fu

Try a kite shop. That's where I bought it.

Roland.

Reply to
Roland

Reply to