Kevlar String

Is Kevlar string something that can be found at local stores such as Wally-Mart, Home Depot, Lowes?
Ted Mahler

Ted Mahler wrote:

I don't recall so.... I've found it at marinas in the sail repair racks and at hobby shops on the u-control supplies rack. Also scored several spools of the stuff from a fishing supply shop over in Europe...
Andy
Just be aware that the Kevlar cord you buy from a fishing supply place is almost certainly waxed or treated with a lubricant finish layer. This is great for running through spinning reels, but it means that glue doesn't stick to it and the knots can come untied. I know my Kevlar costs more, but I specify Kevlar cords that are optimized for use in rocket building.
Doug Pratt www.pratthobbies.com
Andy Eng wrote:

is kevlar an export controlled item, like are you allowed to ship them to another country?
--
TAI FU
Order the stuff from Doug. He's a great guy and an invaluable resource to the rocket community. We need to keep him in business and happy! And his prices have always seemed quite reasonable to me...
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

--
Will Marchant, NAR 13356, Tripoli 10125 L3
Ted Mahler schreef:

Try a kite shop. That's where I bought it.
Roland.