What's going on in Model Predictive control now?

Yesterday I was assigned to read some stuff on MPC. After reading some survey papers, My feeling is that there are alot problems.
It seems to me that many chemical engineering ppl are doing MPC too. I am in the theoretic side and interested in nonlinear control systems. Anyone here is doing theoretic research in MPC? Any responses will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

problems.
MPC can be linear (e.g., Shell's dynamic matrix control), so you will have to be particular regarding which MPC you look at.
By the way, what problems did you notice when dealing with MPC?
I write models for some interesting systems and have coauthored several papers on ways to solve the models in such a way that MPC is possible.
snipped-for-privacy@AdsorptionProcessModeling.com

problems.